•Manage Day to day operations of Construction Site
• Thoroughly review Plans and Specifications
• Schedule and direct Sub-Contractors activities at His / Her specific site to insure a productive and safe work place for all employees, customers, vendors and operators
• Inspect and manage all materials and tradesman so that all facets of the project are constructed in compliance with the project plans & specifications
• Superintendent is in charge of all inspections / punch lists both from the local building officials, Fire Departments,
Special Inspections and Owner walks
• Maintains project schedule and directs trades in accordance with the schedule
• Obtains final project final Inspections & certifications of occupancies and compliance
• Assists Project Manager with project financials. Tracks and manages GC costs. Manages owner and sub contractor's requests for extra work
• Assists Project Manager to compile all close out documents. IE: As-built, warrantee documentation & OEM Manuals
• Superintendent conducts an on-site Safety Meeting weekly
Qualifications and Education Requirements
•Excellent Computer Skills and Detailed Paperwork a must
• Wood Framing Retail Experience a plus
• Walmart Certified a plus
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, AFLAC, Vacation
Internal Number: NM - Super
About TRI STATE GENERAL CONTRACTORS
Incorporated in 2008, Tri State General Contractors specializes in retail and commercial construction with licenses in CA, AZ, NV, HI, ID, UT, OK, NM and TX. In 2013 Dave Mason, Sr. was named President of Tri State General Contractors and brought over 34 years of construction experience to the company. Mr. Mason’s vast experience in the construction industry is exceptional. In the early 1990's Dave took his experience into the Retail Supermarket business and as Vice President of a prominent retail and commercial contracting firm, he helped grow that firm from a small commercial builder into a significant player in the retail construction industry.
With Dave's strong leadership and know-how he has helped Tri State reach these same milestones. Assisting its retail clients with their most complicated projects is Tri State's specialty. Their ability to pre-plan complicated sequencing and navigate through tough project challenges from pre-planning to closeout is a large reason why Tri State's relationships and repeat business are so significant. Tri State's clients are confident that we will successfully perform and complete every project to their satisfaction, "on time" and "on bud...get".
Tri State General Contractors is a family-owned and operated company. It employs two of Dave’s nephews, Donald Mason P.E., Vice President, and VP Field Operations DJ Mason, as well as his son, David Mason, Jr. Project Manager. All have grown up in the industry and have extensive backgrounds in all phases of construction. Tri State is very proud of the talented team they have in place and considers all of their employee's family.
With an impressive list of clients and customers, Tri State has experienced significant growth over the past several years. Tri State has
an extensive portfolio of projects ranging from very complex ground-up projects to simple tenant improvements. Tri State’s umbrella of services includes pre-construction recommendations, conceptual estimating, performs design assistance, and gives constructability advice. They have also expanded their services to include a Small Projects Division, a Metalworks Shop, 24/HR Emergency Disaster Relief Services, as well as Division 9.
Tri State is headquartered in San Marcos, CA with two additional locations, in Honolulu, HI, and, Los Lunas, NM.