PGC is a full-service general contracting company. We offer a full range of construction services, including commercial, residential, underground utilities, water/waste water treatment plants, lift stations, and excavation. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Project Manager with experience in commercial construction to join our team in our Austin, TX office. The Project Manager will work under the direction of the Senior Project Manager. The ideal candidate must be able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to: • Managing cost/change control, including change order review, negotiation and recommendations, delay analysis and ensure tracking of all key project documents (including submittals, RFI’s, change orders, invoices and payments, lien releases, etc. are being enforced).
• Create and maintain weekly schedules to ensure Budget Management and Tracking.
• Coordinating with Superintendents regarding schedules, labor, equipment, materials, subcontractors, suppliers, etc.
• Work with Heavy Job and Heavy Bid
• Review costs daily
• Review quality of Heavy Job input daily – quantities, pictures
• Inform General Superintendents and Field Operations Manager of significant budget busts and quality issues.
• Control Extra Work Orders
• Write and have signed all EWO’s before work is started
• Print and have all Recaps signed daily
• Document Control
• Plan revisions / pricing / distribution GS, FS, As-built Table
• File electronic copies of all Project Documentation procured by FS listed above.
• Procure and file electronic copies of ROW / Street Cut / Fire Line / Domestic Service / Permits / etc.
• Address project issues
• Schedule related
• Cost related
• Quality related
• Project management
• Review percent complete on phase codes with FS
• Invoice approval / Tracking
• Projections of each project on a weekly basis with FS/GS buy in
• Conduct weekly key project update meetings or every morning recap meetings
• Control extra work orders
Benefits: Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities • A degree in Construction Management, Construction Science or Equivalent and 5+ years of experience in the industry.
• Experience with underground utilities, earthwork, roadway reconstruction and civil construction required.
• Computer skills in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and HCSS.
• Superior customer service skills required.
• Must be able to effectively communicate and manage subcontractors.
Additional Salary Information: Opportunity for a yearly bonus
About Peabody General Contractors
For over 30 years, PGC General Contractors, LLC. has provided a broad spectrum of private, commercial, and municipal underground utility services throughout central Texas. Our company specializes in the rehabilitation and installation of new water lines, waste-water lines, storm sewers, lift stations, and fire lines.
Our professional crews are highly qualified, self contained and fully equipped to efficiently handle jobs of any size. PGC General Contractors’ in-house group of site-work experts works closely with civil engineers to assure all grades, elevations, compaction levels, and pipe locations are constructed with both accuracy and quality. We also guarantee a safe and clean work site regardless of the complexity of the project. With tight quality control and safety constraints our projects achieve minimal disruption while maximizing overall client satisfaction.